The Chase-Jellison Homestead was built in 1795, attributed to the Jellison family. While the house originally was a classic two room center chimney cape with an attic, expansions have been made over the years. The first addition was in 1835 when the Jellison family was growing and the need to add three rooms to the back of the structure became evident. At the same time a two story wood shed was added. For about 100 years nothing changed in the structure, until the 1940's, when a renovation took place, that added dormers to the second floor of the main cape and a modern kitchen and bathroom were installed. During the 1970's another room was added on the west side of the structure and the wood shed was converted to living space. In 2006 a comprehensive restoration was undertaken, including the addition of an attached barn.
The house has been owned by the same family since it was built. The direct ancestors of this family were the first settlers of the town dating back to the early 1600's. Reverend Joshua Chase and his family were among the first inhabitants of the home. Through his daughter Sophia Jellison, the practice of matrilineal stewardship was established, passing through the Nason, Boston, Clark, McGlincey and currently to the Stevens’ generation. Until 1935 most of the members of these families were born and lived at the homestead, and are buried in the family cemetery located behind the house. The residents of the house have included a reverend, civil war soldiers, a Currier and Ives artist, teachers, a patent designer, a lawyer, homemakers, farmers, mill workers, a well pump manufacturer, loggers, and jewelers.